Saturday, May 17, 2008

That's Not What You Think It Is

So you think this is about revenge and all? naahh....

When I first heard of the ongoing Telenovela "Babangon Ako't Dudururugin Kita", what I remember was the movie with Sharon Cuneta, Christopher de Leon and Bembol Roco as the leading stars. This telenovela was a movie in the 1980's, where sharon cuneta (the lead role) played as the wife of christopher de leon. In christopher's desire to reach an ambition, he attempted and was tempted to be linked to a woman of political stance. To get out of the bond of marriage, he later framed up sharon as one committing adultery. Sharon was dragged out of the house literally and forcefully. She battled thru the unwanted consequence, and ended being a slave to the cruelty of the world. On one accident, she met bembol roco, a wealthy man, who provided her with all the support to take revenge.

(Oh.. so you might think im watching those kind of movies, eh? Blame it to my mom. She often drags me to movies of this sort whenever she could not get my dad to accompany her). =D

So why is this my blog name? On a positive note, the title reminded me of what Jesus did not do. Jesus, through all the betrayal, pain and and the kind of death he has suffered due to the sinfulness of man, did not say "Babangon Ako't Dudurugin Kita". But instead, said (if it were in our contemporary language), "Babangon Ako't Patatawarin Kita. " ...

One night when out of the blue I just cried due to the pain caused by betrayal, I had wondered what Jesus felt like when He was betrayed by his people. Of course he could have prepared himself for that since He is omniscient, but as a human, how did He really feel like being betrayed by his friend? How about those people whom he healed, fed, spent time with,did miracles with? What did Jesus feel when he saw that they were the very same
persons who had brought forth suffering? and what about Peter who had denied him for three times?

When I had examined my own life, I realized that I had also betrayed Him in so many ways. And that betrayal is in the form of sin. Oh how many times I had shown that I fall into the Romans 3:23 category--- for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. I am not excluded.

In this stage of deeper healing and forgiving someone is where the forgiveness of of God manifested the most.

To be continued....


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
John 12:32
"But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."






No comments: